Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Puerto Rico Movie - Vampiros

I finally got a chance to watch a Puerto Rico movie. I wasn't able to obtain a copy of the one I had intended to watch, Manuel y Manuela, either through borrowing, renting, or buying, so I picked Vampiros instead, which I was able to get through Netflix. I can only say this about the movie. It was bad - bad writing, bad acting, bad music, bad direction. Of course it also included some gratuitous nudity, and a vampire "cat fight". The best thing I can say about this one is that I got to practice some Spanish. I learned nothing about Puerto Rican culture. Even as vampire movies go, and I've seen a lot of them, this one bites (pun intended). Unless you are a vampire movie "completeist" you can skip this one.

And I almost forgot...this movie has a library scene. After Jonathan (Jorge Dieppa) gets bitten he and his friend Miguel go to the library to do some research about vampires. They ask at the "informacion" desk and are directed to some books by Anne Rice and Bram Stoker, when they say they want information about real vampires the librarian blows them off and simply directs them to the computer to figure it out for themselves. Jonathan attacks a young woman in the stacks while Miguel is looking up information.

Other Puerto Rico Posts
Main Puerto Rico Post March 2, 2010
Puerto Rico Book April 20, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment